Appreciate

Friday, February 12, 2010

Wheelock - End Of Intensive Week Part 2


Lunch Celebration

So finally, the last day of what was supposed to be the worst of the whole of our college years. But I was just so glad we got through! Here were were invited to a mini celebration to mark our efforts for the last 6 weeks and of course as a farewell to our Bostonian lecturer's Kathy, Beth and Sue Sharples. Step 1 was to gather at the party venue which was outside our Wheelock office.




We found the yellow wall super vibrant and so we took a few poses there. This was just the nicest! Anyway, we then started to move on to the lunch buffet which was catered and planned this year by our student council. We wanted to give a little of our culture to the lecturer's so this year, 'Yu Sheng' was prepared to be done as a mass. This was prior to the ceremony - preparation times!










After which, it was like 1, 2, 3... and the crazy flipping of the vegetables with 63 screaming girls and the Wheelock Singapore faculty. Gosh, you could see their enthusiasm. It was COOL although I didn't really know what I should yell but getting 'A's for all modules and first class honours.. hahah.


Anyway, after taking a break and eating the other local delicacies ordered such as Curry Puffs, Kong Pao Chicken, Dim Sum'ish Beancurd and other stuffs, it was time to give a little present to our lecturer's in appreciation of their hard work over the past 6 weeks with our cohort.

They each received a Batik skirt and book which was prepared for them and boy you could check out how cute they looked in some Asian flavour.








After all the action, it was then time to move on the more 'Artsy' fun of the event. Charlene had volunteered to come in to do face painting and we girls just loved her professionalism and awesome art skills. Here were some of the people which got their faces and hands done. Beautiful don't you guys think? I was there to volunteer and help her collect pictures of her products for her portfolio as well and finally, she did a freestyle for me as a thank you and since I didn't know what I should get!












I loved the great job she did and she was there painting almost half of the cohort for the past 2 hours of the celebration. Really kudo's to her for her passion and talent for the job. I could really see her experience pay off as she was sure of how every design went like and what she could do to really make everyone happy. We were all so proud of our new marks and started to show off our products.








Here I am with the artist Charlene and I really want to tell her how much I appreciated her patience and creativity to even give me a design to match my outfit that day which included leopard print shoes, which explains why the orange toned butterfly. Thanks babe! =)





Last but not least here are the wonderful lecturer's Beth and Kathy. I would really miss you guys and well, at least we have a nice momento to keep each other close in our hearts. I hope that I would be able to meet up with them soon, and yes, I am so excited for the bowling session with them on the 27th of February.





This ending would only be the beginning of something even more wonderful. This crazy 6 weeks were madly stressful but the returns in knowledge and memories were really unforgettable. 3 Cheers for the Wheelockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...