Appreciate

Saturday, July 18, 2009


Boston Day 30


The day started off with us visiting the Boston Public School which I thought was a great experience as we were really able to see how art was brought in to the classroom and how teachers were really making use of good practices to engage children and parents in the educational process.





After which, we went to shop around the coolage area, where the school was located and managed to pack lunch, the Uppercrust Pizza, which was supposedly award winning! We then headed back to school to enjoy our buy and that one slice of Pizza cost like 4 USD and was even larger then my head.





After lunch, it was then time to head down to the long awaited children's Museum Trip. I had heard lot's about it from the seniors and from bosses at work and was really excited to see this place. We don't have a museum like this for kid's in Singapore and I was thinking a tall idea of trying to bring in some of these ideas, so it was an opportunity for me to get a peek at what was going on for children in this place.





There was really too many things in this place and the exhibits would be ever changing ever few months and years. So nothing in fact, was a standard. I loved the place. It kinda made everyone a kid again and was very much like a science centre collaborated with a Kidsport centre to provide children and parents many hands on activities to do. It was a very fulfilling experience and I would go back once again to explore even more if I had the time.













But well, we left the place and it was time to move on the Lechmere which was at the end of the town. This was a more 'shopping' area, but to me, shopping has kinda lost it's connection. I just feel that there is more to do then buy things. I've seen many go crazy with their shopping and I can't help but think, is it worth it? I guess it a more personal opinion. But for me, all these things can be bought anywhere anytime, so i'm cool with slacking. No point busting my card on things I may regret I got on impulse and realize after a while that it wasn't what I really needed or really liked.

Just feeling exhausted from the long day... Sleep In Need....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...