Appreciate

Monday, April 26, 2010

Travel Japan: Ginza & Akasuka


Tokyo (Ginza & Akasuka)

Visited the famous lantern temple today, which is also known as the second gate to heaven. The temple is situated in the heart of Akasuka and although I ain't really a temple person, there was really so much happening at this place!

Main Street



Backlanes


Besides having a little marketplace in the temple itself, there were other lanes which led out to shoppping areas which were packed with clothes, food and goods. I myself went straight for the most famous melon bread store there at the temple grounds! This store has had a long history in baking and the melon breads and apple strudels are often sold out. So, I was lucky to be able to get one of the freshest breads as I came just in time when they had finished baking a new lot of bread!


And as I was eating, I noticed something really far off in the sky that we would never see in Singapore. Can you spot it?


Yeap! An airship just floating off the sky around the temple. I had never seen one before and thus, this was really cool for me to witness! But well, after all the walking and eating, I decided it was time for a break. The best thing would be that they offer free green tea at a Dango rest house just outside the temple. SO lucky me got to sip some warm tea, FOR FREE, at those nice red Dango stands!


So leaving the temple, we headed over to Ginza for lunch! As we took the bus, we passed by the all famous Tokyo tower and it was really majestic. The only thing that was funny was that it was just a replica of the Eiffel.. so.. haha.. just a smaller version, in red.


But upon reaching Ginza I was super excited being greated by LV, Tiffany, Burberry, Hermes and so many other branded stores just waving to you as you pass down Ginza street. I so wanted to jump out of the bus at that point and YES, we stopped right outside Burberry!


Went in to check out the Blue Label series, but I was really disappointed as there was only one design I really liked. Hm.. I didn't understand how other people were just snagging up all the designs blindly because they were branded. HM... I felt it was just a desperate act. For me, I got one I liked and that was the nicest in the store - In my opinion.

But forgetting about those, I then entered another more interesting place, which was the HAKUHINKAN TOY PARK. This was a 6 story high toy store which had everything a kid would fancy in it! They had stuff ranging from stationaries, to dolls, gadgets, party things and cool stuffs for older people, on every level. The only sad thing was that I was unable to get what I wanted... =(



But I would blame the store though because it's selections are already so vast. This thing that i'm looking for is the thing that is difficult to find. But if anyone wants to get cool gadgets, tricks, collectibles and even plushies, COME HERE! It is worth the visit. Think of it as an extra extra large action city with much more and staff attending to your every need on any toy! =)

Next, More on the place i'm staying at, Ikebukuro, and another shopping paradise, Ueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...