Appreciate

Friday, April 30, 2010

Travel Japan: Shibuya & Harajuku


Tokyo (Shibuya & Harajuku)


The day started off with a visit to Shibuya, the fashion hub of Tokyo! I was really excited to go there and see the famous crossroads where thousands of people could just cross at one go. Of course, it was really as crowded as it seemed on TV. Super loads of people streamed out from the subs and were making their way across the many streets that all went pedestrian friendly at the same time. While I was making my way across, Of course, I could not help but notice our dear Popteen princess' way up on the billboards with Ayumi and other mega stars.



They are really so 'big' in Japan. But anyway, we picked to go to Shibuya 109 which was the mega shopping hub. I initially wanted to just go in to take a look since I thought that things there were 'unbuyable' but well, I think we ended up spending some time in the building looking at all the shops and the beautifully dressed up girls. Couldn't really take much pictures of them cause it wasn't very polite, but I could just describe that the girls were all in the latest fashion and there were Kogals, Gyarus, etc all packed in the different goods that their store sold. SUPER PRETTY. Singaporean's can be 'PUI' compared to them and their sense of style and make up skills. Inside Shibuya 109:






My Favourite That Day, MA*RS


Ever So Famous Liz Lisa


After looking at them, I suddenly thought, HOW BACKDATED are we in the world of fashion. The girls may not be that pretty, but after all the dressing up, they are DOLLS alright. Now I really believe that there is no ugly girl, but LAZY one's.

Moving on, we made our way out of the building since my bro was getting a bit edgy due to the fact that there were girls stuff and he had to carry all the bags. So sadly, we had to leave. But if I had a choice, I would gladly go back there to shop.. I didn't even get the chance to go to building 2!

So on the way out, we saw deary Hachiko! They had a little train cabin and the dog statue right outside the station. There was even a colourful wall done up in memory of the dog. How nice a story!




We then headed over to Harajuku! It was quite a shocker when we reached the area as there were like so many people squeezed in that small street?


Harajuku is well known as the place where the younger generation can do their shopping as things are slightly cheaper. It is somehow like the Bugis street that we have back home, but still things are not that cheap anyways. Still, you could get your favourite stores like Liz Lisa, Daiso, Paris Kidz, and many more crazy cute little stores selling all sorts of clothes from Lolita, Cosplay, Jrock, and more kinds of fashion. NICE and recommended shopping spot!




Managed to get a few small things here, but i think that there was more things to just digest rather then buy! Well, I would come back another day too though because there are just too many shops and things to look at and a few hours if not enough to cover anything!

Shops





Rocker Interview


But after checking out all the weird stuff, we got hungry and decided to head over to Yoyogi for dinner and to catch the cosplay. However, when we got there, it was a little too late to catch the cosplayers in action. A real sad sad thing.. =( Forgetting about that, we headed to have dinner at a local home restaurant where we used the vending machine for the first time! COOL!



Many shops use this machines for people to order their food so as to make systems efficient and so that people would not get the wrong orders. During the trip, I often saw people using these machines and today was my chance to use it for the first time. However, as I stood in front of the machine, I realised, It was all in Japanese... =.= Great Job done... Well, lucky for us, Jer figured out some stuff and the chef at the place helped us a little. So, we were able to end up with a very unexpectedly enjoyable dinner!

Kakiage


Katsu Don & Warm Soba


Flavoured Rice & Cold Soba

After eating this Soba, I never would want to try having any in Singapore anymore. This soba.. was really the BEST I had ever had. Don't know if it was the flour used to make it.. but the taste and the smoothness.. YOU CAN NEVER FIND in Singapore. Gosh, I would so want to have more... Even now, my mouth is watering as I look at the picture..

But well, this would be about it for today. My adventures are coming close to an end, but everyday, was just an exciting day. I could not even figure why I could jump out of bed at 7am everyday and play till the lights go out at night! The next issues... MORE FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...